problems with qtmoko continuously re-starting

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Jun 4 10:32:49 CEST 2012

On Monday, June 04, 2012 09:38:17 AM Neil Jerram wrote:

> I wonder if it would be a generally useful idea to catch and show qpe's
> output in cases like this, and then give the user the choice of
> restarting or powering off?  I think that might be less alarming that
> seeing the UI restarting repeatedly.  When this restarting last happened
> to me, I was worried if it would be safe to force the phone to power off
> - so it would be nice to have an explicit option for that.
>
> Alternatively, the top level loop could measure how quickly qpe is
> restarting, and power off automatically if it restarts twice in less
> than 1 minute.  In that case it might also pop up a notice/explanation,
> with a reference to where to look (on the SD card) to see qpe's output.
>
> What do you think?  Are either of those worthwhile?

In this case it's quite obvious bug - qtmoko should not segfault when
bluetooth is not working. The bluetooth stuff needs to be done much better. The
bluez bindings should be autogenrated from .xml dbus files - like it's done for
FSO and oFono and they should handle the case when bluetooth is not working
correctly.

But if you'd like to implement this logic i wont have problem including it -
if it's not too much complex. E.g. redirecting qpe output to /dev/tty0 in case
it crashes should not be too hard.

Regards

Radek