OpenPhonix?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Tue Jun 12 17:50:35 CEST 2012

Nick Sheppard <nshep at attglobal.net> writes:
> On 02/06/12 17:36, pike wrote:
> > ... We arent voting,
> > but if we were, Phonix would be my #1
> > (phone,unix,phoenix), and Phonux #2
> > (phone,linux,phoenix).
>
> Actually I agree, OpenPhonix is good, better than OpenPhonux.
>
> It's nearer to "phoenix" in English AND German[...]

It's even nearer to "phonics", which makes it sound more
to me like an FOSS system for teaching kids to read than a phone....

I say just give up on the whole `come up with a name that sounds like
two different words that don't sound each other', and just call it
"PiratePhone". Revisions can be designated by different "R" numbers.