psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 13 00:40:27 CEST 2012
QtMoko v45 is out now. You can get images for GTA02 (Freerunner) here and
GTA04 (Phoenux) here.
For more info about QtMoko please visit our homepage .
This is list of changes since previous v44 version:
* fixed wifi password not saving problem
* new big transparent keyboard
* GTA04 has new 3.4 kernel thanks to Neil Brown
* GTA04 has now vibra motor support
* show atmospheric pressure on home screen on GTA04 (Neil Jerram)
* removed all other input methods from build
* display wifi icon in title bar
* run ping on default DNS when wifi icon is clicked
* gps icon in title bar with number of satellites and fix indicator
* gps has now api for number of satellites
* gps plugin for GTA04 now makes gps always enabled
* GTA04 charge indicator is polling battery every 30s
* GTA02 gps - checking for ntpserver available with ping (Jiri Pinkava)
* qterminal can now run scripts using setDocument() api method
* scripts for powering on/off modem on GTA04A04
* charging udev rules for GTA04 (Neil Brown)
* options to boot from all mmc partitions in shutdown ui
* build fixes and various code improvements (Yann Dirson)
* added new freecell game
Probably most noticeable is new keyboard. It has two layouts - one suitable
for terminal and one for SMS. They look like this:
Layouts are completely customizable. You can easily change key size, position,
background. It's very easy to add international characters and new layouts.
Just have a look at /opt/qtmoko/etc/im/svgkbd/ The layouts are normal svg
images. You can use inkscape to open and edit them. It should be very clear
what to do. Only thing to explain is how you should name the key XML elements.
In Inkscape go to Edit->XML editor and click on key. The element name must be
For possible QtKeycode values check this link and for unicode values use
your favourite unicode character map.
Please not that my layouts are just very simple. If you manage to create
better ones i will be glad to replace them. I can also make your national
keyboards variants easily installable from qtmoko apps page.
As for the other changes - you can now make clickable elements in themes that
launch scripts in qterminal. So e.g. you can have icon on homescreen with your
favourite script. For example how to do it check what happens when you click
the new wifi icon in finxi theme (search for setDocument string here ).
Another nice thing is atmospheric pressure indicator on GTA04 homescreen or
number of gps sattelites/fix indicator on title bar.
One more is freecell game - you can now waste a lot of time here :)
GTA04 owners can now enjoy latest 3.4 kernel thanks to Neil Brown's amazing
kernel work. I have been running this kernel for several days and all works
perfectly. No regressions were spotted. Many thanks for this Neil.
Thanks also everyone for their support and work.
Enjoy the release!
More information about the community