New PowerVR SGX reverse engineering project

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Sat Jun 16 16:18:34 CEST 2012

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:43:25 +0200, "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" wrote:
> Am 16.06.2012 um 12:06 schrieb Simon Busch:

>> The mailinglist is closed already cause of a possible lawsuit. Let me
>> quote Bob Ham:
>
> No need to worry. Lawsuits are always possible, independently of what
you
> do.
> Even if you do nothing :)

Indeed :-)

>> > The GNU lawyers have apparently stated that this PowerVR reverse
>> > engineering project should not be hosted by the GNU project (on
>> > savannah.nongnu.org) as there is a risk of the GNU project being the
>> > subject of a lawsuit.  Yay for lawyers!

I feel I should clarify this.  I was told that the lawyers said it would
be "not a good idea" if the project was hosted by GNU and they said "the
risk was small but that it would be better to avoid it entirely".  It's my
inference that the risk they're talking about is of a lawsuit (although I
can't imagine what else they would mean).

As far as I know there is no specific threat at present.  I wouldn't want
people to get the wrong idea :-)

--
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }