Qtmoko v45 and GTA04A4

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jun 19 15:26:43 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 02:38:19 PM Marc Langlois wrote:

> Hi,
> In my case, i have a bug for phone calls.
> The microphone volume is much lower downlink.
>
> Release hardware: GTA04A4
> Release software: Qtmoko v45 without other pakage.
>
> In the menu settings-> call options -> call volume -> Microphone volume is
> null and i can not to change it.
> In neocontrol -> call volume settings -> microphone, I can change the value
> but the volume does not change.

You can change volume in NeoControl, but you have to do it during call. That
means: make a call, press AUX to switch to application list and run NeoControl
and then play with the volume controls. Once you are happy you can use the
save button.

You can do the same using alsamixer e.g. from ssh during call, but in this
case you have to maually store the state - e.g. with:

	alsactl -f /opt/qtmoko/etc/alsa/gsmearpiece.state store

I am afraid that with louder mic the other side will start getting echo. But i
havent checked it yet.

I hope the situation will be much better with HW routed sound. There are good
chances that the echo cancelling will work better and it will allow louder
playback/mic volumes. Then should also disappear the problems that some other
application has soundcard open and the software routing program cant open the
card.

GTA04A4 is thanks to Christ van Willegen on the way so i hope i will start
playing with it soon.

Regards

Radek