Deseperately need some GTA02 debug board cable...

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Thu Jun 21 00:19:53 CEST 2012

Hi,

my debug board cable again broke...

With the debug board I was able to send some patches upstream like:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=ad20ff920c1fd217578e2c637dd50c1878a21c06
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=b2ccf065f7b23147ed135a41b01d05a332ca6b7e
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=b26469a8b139fba11d9336c1c117fafccfa9c7d5
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=1ae5cbc52e7c6619a3f44b87809fd25370df31bb

I was also able to produce updated
kernels( https://gitorious.org/shr/linux/commits/shr-2.6.39-nodrm
shr-3.x-nodrm branches ) for the gta02 but I didn't have enough time to
fix all the bugs yet so they are not in use yet...

The big problem is that It's way harder to track bugs without a debug
board cable: with a debug board you can git bisect in a way more
efficient way: you only need to apply a minimal set of patches on top of
the commit you're testing...since you have serial you can see the output
and interact with the phone...

So Instead of finding or buying one debug board each time my cable break
again I think it's way more efficient to get some cables-only.

Does someone gives or sell such cables separately?

Note(for the person selling/giving such cables) that the debug board
itself still can be used separately from an openmoko: it is possible to
use it as a BIOS flasher
( http://flashrom.org/FT2232SPI_Programmer#Openmoko ),serial port
adapter or JTAG adapter...

Denis.