Status OpenPhoneux / GTA04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jun 25 20:56:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 25.06.2012 um 16:16 schrieb Gilles Filippini:

> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller a écrit , Le 31/05/2012 17:36:
>> So please expect that it will become End of June for delivery...
>
> Since we are near to End of June, time for asking how is it going? ;)

Neither good nor bad...

This means:
* we have already shipped some of the GTA04 Group Tour boards
* some friends have upgraded to a complete OpenPhoenux (we have a handful reworked GTA02)
* but we still have a list of open orders for roughly 90 GTA04 Group Tour boards

The production company had stopped again to do some more
analyses and the last status I received today is that they had
again made some X-Ray. Now they think they can again optimize
the soldering process a little so that we don't get so much broken
boards that need manual rework.

Every rework ruins some components (unfortunately 1 DM3730
+ 1 Memory chip = 40-50 EUR) and costs intensive working time.
And we simply can't afford that if it happens too often...

So the highest priority is to get rid of the root cause for these
soldering failures.

The good answer is that as soon as we decide to continue,
it takes less than 4 weeks to produce, test and ship all missing
boards. They have planned that it works even if holiday season
is coming. And our shipment plan is by sequence of order. So
if you did order early, it is even a little closer.

BR,
Nikolaus