How to bring forward the community?

Lionel Broche lionel.broche at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 11:09:36 CET 2012

well, I think you just have to look at the capabilities of IMAP5 to see
that the next generations of phone/tablet will have 3D support, both for
display and webcam (I think IMAP5 supports 2 webcam ports). So IMHO the big
manufacturers are now focusing on including 3D instead of designing new
concepts.

About the choice of keyboard, from what I read on this thread I think that
one of the main issue is the feedback. Touch keyboard give you a feedback
via the feeling of the fingertips, so you don't need to focus your
attention to it. Maybe using an audible 'clic' would be an alternative for
touch screen keypads? or using an electric discharge to trigger the user's
nerves :) (though this may lower the battery life...)

Lionel

On 1 March 2012 12:28, Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc> wrote:

> > So what to use? Nothing to use...
>
> We should look for what comes after phones and tablets.
> What's next?

Dr Lionel Broche
Aberdeen Biomedical Imaging Centre
University of Aberdeen