what to with 02 when upgrading to 04? was: Re: How to bring forward the community?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sun Mar 4 12:51:08 CET 2012

>> (but i would be willing to donate/add a couple of euros if it will help
>> someone to buy a GTA04 who can't afford the full or even the rebated
>> price)
>>
> myself and others in this list have made the same offer...

that's very good to know.
i didn't follow the development of sales too close (though close enough to
finally convince me, i may want a GTA04, too ;-)

- how many are there an how much additional GTA04 could we buy/fund in
adavnce between us (if nobody takes up the offer)?
- how well known is that to prospective buyers of limited funds? such an
offer, however generous it may be, is of little use if potential users are
not aware of it - i for one did not know about it, except the remark about
5% rebates still being available since several early subscribers did not
claim it.