[Gta04-owner] How to bring forward the community? Group Tour Donations Hub

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Mar 8 17:54:08 CET 2012

Hi Alex,

Am 08.03.2012 um 17:34 schrieb Alexander Lehner:

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>

>> Am 06.03.2012 um 07:58 schrieb Christ van Willegen:

>>> That's an excellent idea! I hope it gets used a lot!
>>
>> Me too.
>>
>>> Christ van Willegen
>>
>> But it looks as if nobody is interested so far in getting a cheaper GTA04.
>> Who proves me wrong?
>>
>> Nikolaus
>
> I'd like to - but how?
> I've already preordered one GTA04 and would be willing to donate a second one. How to proceed? Order in Nikolaus' shop and write my name into the Wiki?

It looks as if we are in the strange situation that there are more donations than persons who want to have one... Even if subsidized.

As a donator, just wait that people who want to have a donation, show up on the wiki page.

Then, look through project proposals and contact those who did make a proposal. And if you agree, I would suggest that he/she places an order in the shop and you make some agreement about the payment (we can also combine two payments into a single one).

> I would offer 500 EUR, leaving the phone to someone who can do kernel/API development and only would have to pay the remaining 166 EUR or whatever.

But we could also add the reversed direction of getting into contact: if you want to donate, add your contact data and the conditions (e.g. kernel/API development searched)

> But also  I'm not clear about the situation: are there still PCB's in stock to sell, do we all have to wait till end of March or April, which both are mentioned on the website?

Both.

Well, we are currently out of stock because new boards come in so slowly, but I hope we have new boards next week.
So it is more or less a matter of urgency to take one from stock vs. group tour.

> How many people do actually have already a GTA04 and are developing on it?

We have so far shipped more than 50 GTA04 units in total, but I see only a handful doing (or reporting) substantial development.

> A bit puzzled -

I hope I could clarify some aspects.

Nikolaus