[Gta04-owner] Keyboard for GTA04

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Fri Mar 16 00:00:36 CET 2012

On 03/15/2012 01:41 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Am 15.03.2012 um 12:09 schrieb Gennady Kupava:
>> This is because if you using one hand to hold phone, you have one one
>> hand free. Holding and using keyboard with one hand is not possible.
>
> And why not add some hooks or joints so that you can clip together both
> parts after detaching them?

Well, if we're detaching the keyboard from the back side and then
clipping them back together for use anyway - is there a good reason we
can't just clip it onto the side with the USB port, and use that port
for power and keyboard data?

That way we wouldn't need bluetooth or a battery, nor have to connect
new cables to the main board.

Additionally, it would make it easier for people who prefer a thinner
phone and don't mind carrying extra devices, as they can use the
standard back cover and still be able to connect this keyboard.

Also, if we use a standard USB keyboard module (I don't know if that's
feasible), it could be tested and used with other PCs too...

Of course, it does have a downside - can't use the USB port while the
keyboard is connected (unless it includes a hub and/or charger
passthrough), and is arguably riskier wrt. destroying the USB port if
you drop the phone with the keyboard connected...

--
Regards,
Frode Austvik