[Gta04-owner] GTA-04 Tour boards?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Mar 20 16:43:33 CET 2012

Am 20.03.2012 um 15:57 schrieb Lukas Märdian:

> On 20.03.2012 15:45, Iain B. Findleton wrote:
>> Anybody know when the boards would be available for shipment? I would
>> like to pick one up in Germany in April if that is possible.

Well, we are behind production schedule, even for the "from stock"
devices. But we still get only a handful of boards out of production
every week.

But likelyhood is high that you can do a pickup in April.

The reason of the low yield are still soldering problems with DM3730
chips we have received. We are working with the distributor and
TI to find out the reasons.

Just as a side-note, OpenPandora has built roughly 300 units and
only 3 did not work 100%. But they use the OMAP3530. This alone would
not help us, but they experimentally populated 8 of their boards with a
DM3730 - and out of these also 50% did fail with shorts on the power
supply rails. Like our boards. So this is a strong indication that the
BGA package soldering makes problems.

Nikolaus