About infra maintenance [was: "Re: openmoko.org servers"]

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sun Mar 25 18:05:01 CEST 2012

>> admins are still Roh and Gismo afaik
>> "ownership" (aka payment) went to Harald Welte (see "Name Server" above)
>
>I'm a little confused.  Perhaps I'm being obtuse here but why haven't
>any of these people responded to my original email?

All the people doing admin and other tasks are volunteers from community, and
probably Roh doesn't closely follow this ML (I myself only noticed this mail
since pabs3 pointed me at it).

Anyway, best advice when any problems with OM infra hit:
* join #openmoko (or #openmoko-cdevel) on freenode.net,
* say "hello" and describe the issue, ask what can be / has been done and whom
to ping (typical post: "Hi! wiki.openmoko.org down for anybody else?")
* WAIT until somebody answers -  this may be minutes to several hours.

(you'll always get my attention when you ping my nick "DocScrutinizer", though
usually most users in this channel have an idea of what's going on and how to
proceed, and some are even better suited to deal with infra problems than I
am)
Roh can also be found on freenode, though I suggest not to immediately pester
him directly but rather first ask in #openmoko-cdevel

cheers
jOERG