About infra maintenance [was: "Re: openmoko.org servers"]

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Sun Mar 25 20:06:16 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-03-25 at 17:05 +0100, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:

> Anyway, best advice when any problems with OM infra hit:
> * join #openmoko (or #openmoko-cdevel) on freenode.net,
> * say "hello" and describe the issue, ask what can be / has been done
> and whom
> to ping (typical post: "Hi! wiki.openmoko.org down for anybody else?")
> * WAIT until somebody answers -  this may be minutes to several
> hours.

It's ironic that you mention #openmoko-cdevel.  Some months ago I asked
in #openmoko-cdevel when git.openmoko.org was down.  Nobody responded at
all, let alone after some hours.

I also asked in #openmoko-cdevel prior to sending my email a couple of
days ago.  Nobody knew who was maintaining the openmoko servers.  The
fact that the IP addresses were still registered with FIC was pointed
out and it was agreed that this was a problem.  Then I sent my email to
this list.

If the best advice for when there are problems with openmoko.org hosts,
is to bring the subject in #openmoko-cdevel then we really are in
trouble :-)  Could you possibly provide email addresses for roh and
whoever else is responsible for the openmoko.org servers so that
everyone knows who to contact?

Thanks,

Bob

--