[ANN] GTA04 Keyboard prototype

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue May 1 19:17:16 CEST 2012

El día Tuesday, May 01, 2012 a las 06:06:23PM +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller escribió:

> Hi,
>
> we have developed a prototype for a 80 button QWERTY keyboard PCB
> that could eventually be connected/integrated into the GTA04. It should fit
> into a specially designed battery cover so that you can easily stow it away
> if not needed. Such battery covers could be produced individually through
> 3D printing solving the issue of manageing and stocking 20 different key
> layouts.
>
> But watch yourself how we think it can look like:
>
> 	http://youtu.be/WM94%5fR5eKcc

> a) how to reliably connect it to the GTA04 PCB (soldering copper wires or a
>     FFCs is a little difficult so it should have a tiny, flexible but robust B2B cable).
>
>     Maybe, we can use a micro-USB socket or similar (we need to connect 6 wires).
>     This may also need a redesign of the GTA04 board (for a nice plug)
>
> b) design a 3D printable case with key-caps that is robust enough

Hi Nikolaus,

I watched the movies and do not understand one thing: to use the
keyboard, one should open the backside and put the kb apart on the
table, right? I'd prefer a (fingerfriendly) touchscreen kb, which
perhaps must occupy 2/3 of the screen, overlaying the app which receives
the keystrokes (and one can put the kb away to look at the app in
fullscreen); just my $0.02

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211