[Gta04-owner] [ANN] GTA04 Keyboard prototype

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu May 3 10:26:47 CEST 2012

Am 03.05.2012 um 10:03 schrieb Butrus Damaskus:

> Very interresting, but I'm a little bit puzzled as how it should work
> in the real life...

That is a task for further study and optimization. We have just built one unit
and we need some 3D printed cases to do a better evaluation.

Some more general thought: I am not sure how we should handle such ideas and
how this community sees its role.

Should we announce/publish immediately as soon as we have a prototype? And ask
the community for comments and participation in improving it? Or should we silently
finish some design and work with beta testers not on this list...

I think this is a fundamental difference to open software development. There we can
have a stable, a testing and an experimental branch and everyone can download
the one he/she likes. With hardware we have to build physical protoypes and make
experiments (which are not for free) to find out what a good solution is.

Nikolaus