[Gta04-owner] [ANN] GTA04 Keyboard prototype

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon May 7 15:44:00 CEST 2012

El día Monday, May 07, 2012 a las 03:31:11PM +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller escribió:

> The idea is that the keyboard is integrated in the back battery cover. And if you remove
> it, both parts (main body and battery cover/keyboard) are connected through a small
> ribbon cable.
>
> I.e. you remove the keyboard, fold it by 180 degrees so that the keys show in the same
> direction as the display and you can us the display in landscape format.
>
> If that works out with the snap mechanism of the battery cover and/or if it needs
> some physical connection between both parts has to be worked out.

I don't want to be negative (just reaistic), the list of disadvantages
of such a solution (keyboard in battery cover, or with hinge) is:

1) works only on desktop or table surface, i.e. not while walking or
standing;

2) open the battery cover many more times (as for hard reset with battery
lift) will break the case soon;

3) you are forced to use landscape applications, while most of the apps
today are in portait;

4) perhaps your battery will fall out (if not secured with something) in
a lot of cases, esp. if it is the most important situation :-)

to be continued...

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz