[Gta04-owner] [ANN] GTA04 Keyboard prototype

ed at kapitein.org ed at kapitein.org
Mon May 7 16:44:28 CEST 2012

On Monday 07 May 2012 15:44:00 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Monday, May 07, 2012 a las 03:31:11PM +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
> > The idea is that the keyboard is integrated in the back battery cover. And
> > if you remove it, both parts (main body and battery cover/keyboard) are
> > connected through a small ribbon cable.
> >
> > I.e. you remove the keyboard, fold it by 180 degrees so that the keys show
> > in the same direction as the display and you can us the display in
> > landscape format.
> >
> > If that works out with the snap mechanism of the battery cover and/or if
> > it needs some physical connection between both parts has to be worked
> > out.
> I don't want to be negative (just reaistic), the list of disadvantages
> of such a solution (keyboard in battery cover, or with hinge) is:
> 1) works only on desktop or table surface, i.e. not while walking or
> standing;
> 2) open the battery cover many more times (as for hard reset with battery
> lift) will break the case soon;
> 3) you are forced to use landscape applications, while most of the apps
> today are in portait;
> 4) perhaps your battery will fall out (if not secured with something) in
> a lot of cases, esp. if it is the most important situation :-)
> to be continued...
> 	matthias

If thinking out loud is allowed...
If you move the battery  inside the keyboard part and make the hinge a bit
bigger, you could use it as a screen protector if you fold the keyboard in
front of the display.
And if you fold it the otherway, it could fit in what currently is the battery
Just my 2 cents..

Kind regards,