Delivery of the GTA04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue May 8 09:26:34 CEST 2012

Briefly:

* production has started but soldering issues [1] are not clearly solved, i.e. yield is low
* factory has recalibrated one machine and now they hope it will work
* I think it will need 1-2 weeks until we finally know and they have production ramped up,
but it is difficult to predict
* we had planned to switch the factory but the group tour did not have enough subscribers
to start a fresh project with the other factory

BR,
Nikolaus Schaller

[1]: there are unpredictable short circuits under the DM3730 chip (0.4mm BGA
ball pitch). This can be fixed by manually removing the DM3730 and soldering
another one. But it is very time consuming and has been postponed. So we have
no boards to ship yet.