*.openmoko.org infrastructure

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue May 8 20:33:14 CEST 2012

Hi Bob,

On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 07:20:36PM +0100, Bob Ham wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 00:08 +0100, Bob Ham wrote:
> > I've spoken through IRC to some of the guys at the Open Source Lab at
> > Oregon State University¹.  This group hosts, for example, the Meego
> > project, as well as helping host parts of the Apache, Debian, CentOS and
> > Gentoo infrastructures, to name a few.
> >
> Harald, Maximilian and Joachim, as the present administrators what do
> you think about this idea?

I think it's an excellent idea.   This seems like a good idea, given
that there are people who are already taking care of hosting other
projects and thus already do quite a bit of sysadmin.

So just to be clear on this:  From my point of view the problem is not
to pay for some hosting/traffic every month.  If anything else fails,
I'd even pay that out of my own pocket.  The main issue is to have
somebody who will actually take care of updating the debian packages,
run backups, make sure things run smoothly and do a dist-upgrade every
couple of years.

But in the end, it is Sean that you have to convince, not me ;)

Regads,
	Harald