QtMoko's new keyboard

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue May 8 23:45:22 CEST 2012

Hi,
while there was discussion about hw keyboard, i was working on software
onscreen keyboard with simple goal: implement the best onscreen keyboard in
the world.

I think i am now very close ;-) The key is to have as big buttons as possible.
Here is picture and video of how it looks now:

http://activationrecord.net/radekp/pub/keyboard.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyN7wS66y_I

It still needs some more work, but it's currently very usable and i am really
happy how it works. E.g. the video was taken with N900 in my left hand and
still with the SMS layout i made no mistake.

My plan for now is to finish it up and remove all those 5!! QtMoko input
methods in favour of this one. I can make installable packages of the old
methods if anyone is interested. This should be part of v45. For v46 i can try
to implement customizable layouts and unicode characters.

Regards

Radek