*.openmoko.org infrastructure

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu May 17 13:49:50 CEST 2012

Am 08.05.2012 um 21:55 schrieb Bob Ham:

> On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 20:33 +0200, Harald Welte wrote:

>>> Harald, Maximilian and Joachim, as the present administrators what do
>>> you think about this idea?
>>
>> I think it's an excellent idea.   This seems like a good idea, given
>> that there are people who are already taking care of hosting other
>> projects and thus already do quite a bit of sysadmin.
>>
>> So just to be clear on this:  From my point of view the problem is not
>> to pay for some hosting/traffic every month.  If anything else fails,
>> I'd even pay that out of my own pocket.  The main issue is to have
>> somebody who will actually take care of updating the debian packages,
>> run backups, make sure things run smoothly and do a dist-upgrade every
>> couple of years.
>
> Indeed, that is the main issue.  The way I see it, freeing the community
> from the burden of administering infrastructure can only be a good
> thing.

I think one point hasn't been addressed much in this discussion
so far. How important are all the *.openmoko.org services to us?

So I suggest to everyone on this mailing list to give an
indication like this:

I regard as important:

( ) lists.openmoko.org (incl. the mailing lists)
( ) wiki.openmoko.org
( ) docs.openmoko.org
( ) svn.openmoko.org
( ) people.openmoko.org
( ) projects.openmoko.org

This may shed a new light on this topic.

Nikolaus

PS: looking the mailing lists I have seen only three with major activity:
1. this list (community)
2. devel (which is more or less a dfu-util discussion list)
3. openmoko-kernel