Delivery of the GTA04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri May 18 09:03:22 CEST 2012

Am 17.05.2012 um 21:01 schrieb Bob Ham:

> On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 09:26 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> * I think it will need 1-2 weeks until we finally know and they have production ramped up
>
> Do we know whether the GTA04 group tour units have production ramped up?

They told me this morning that they *think* they have solved the soldering problems
to a level they (and we) can live with. But they were not willing to make a prognosis
when all GTA04 group tour devices are produced and fault free. The first ones are
done and have passed the first automatic test (which does not cover all functions).

Sorry for that snail speed,
Nikolaus

PS: next time we must aim for higher number of units so that we get higher
priority (and lower price). Let's beat the iPhone 5 sales numbers :)

PPS: I know that there are many of you interested in a GTA04 out there but
did not participate in the Group Tour.

Please indicate your non-binding interest through the "Wishlist" function
so that we get some statistics for future demand:

http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04