Ok Tread lightly please. I'm an end User.

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Fri May 18 14:39:05 CEST 2012

On 05/18/2012 02:27 PM, Travis Bachelder wrote:
> Ok, So I took your advise (Benjamin Deering). Used Neotools, wow: what
> a powerful tool, thank you very much... But, I think I did something
> wrong. : /
>
> _*This is my problem:*_
> My first attempt: I tried flashing the FR (NAND) with QI, Kernel, and
> the OS (Which was the SHR jffs2 image). Everything was successful,
> until I tried to turn on the phone when it was done. The phone turns
> on and random lines of code? accelerates from top to bottom (this was
> cool at first), until 3 minutes later it stops (with the screen full
> of code) and doesn't do anything else.
>
> Then I tried it another way: Flashing the FR (NAND)with the Kernel and
> QI, and installing the SHR OS on an ext3 partition of my micro SD
> card. I used the SHR tar ball for this one. And I got sort of the sam
> results.
>
> Should I not be flashing the kernel to the FR? Is the Kernel already
> apart of the OS?
> When I flash the FR NAND, Does this erase everything on NAND and
> replace it with what I am currently flashing?
> Has anyone had this problem, Am I the only one..?
>
> Thanks,
Hi Travis,

Perhaps it is a good idea to get more familiar with the FR by flashing
qtmoko first.
If you follow the steps at [1] closely, it will become more clear what
is involved in getting your FR alive.
And it will give you a working phone ;-)

Kind regards,
Ed
[1]
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/qtmoko/index.php?title=Installation