Stop whininig / be friendly

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue May 22 09:28:59 CEST 2012

On 21 May 2012 09:51:00 +0200
openmoko at pulster.de (Christoph Pulster) wrote:

> Hi Harald,
>
> thanks for your advices, which are intelligent ones, really.
> You are right, bitterness is what I feel. Why ?
> Openmoko forget to buy MP3-patent rights. The german customs seized
> my 500pcs-pallett order from China. I had to sign contract with
> patent holders, which is valid since 2017. So 5 years more I am a
> f...... slave [...]

Thanks for that tidbit, you should probably right about it, officially,
as one more argument against software patents.

The way I see it, software patents on MP3s really *actually* hurt the
inovative (mostly in that it is the most open phone around) OpenMoko
project and its few distributors.

This should not be hushed.

Rui