server update

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Wed May 23 06:47:16 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> > community. This is an important step that we've wanted to do for some
> > time. More details will follow.
>
> I hope there will be some way that *we* (the community) can influence/decide
> about our faith, i.e. by choosing or voting for the new entity finally owning
> the trademark.
>
> What I would not like to see is that it is going to be some entity I have never
> heard of and therefore have neither trust in nor an idea where they will
> move us to.

Dr Nikolaus

Thanks for your feedback. It will be a "recognized non-profit entity
in the Free Software" world. Our main concern is the long term
commitment of the non-profit.

We are pursuing a number of options in parallel. But I won't name any
organizations publicly until we get commitments. That would put unfair
pressure / expectations on both sides.

Sean