qtmoko nerongps fullscreenmode

robin spielraum at web.de
Sat May 26 19:12:40 CEST 2012

Radek Polak <psonek2 <at> seznam.cz> writes:

> On Saturday 26 May 2012 05:36:00 robin wrote:
>
> > does anyone know how to configure nerongps to be able to toggle between
> > fullscreen and window mode or just how to have it run always in fullscreen
> > mode?
>
> AFAIK it does not support running in fullscreen, but it should be quite easy
> to implement this. Maybe i can give it a try, or someone else want?
>
> Regards
>
> Radek

hi radek,

that would be awesome. maybe this is the right time to start a discussion on
how the screen is best used by the applications in general. I borrowed the
iphone of a friend to see what makes it so easy to use. these are my conclusions
a) the screen is bigger
b) the cover has no elevated edges around the screen so you can use the full
screen
c) all buttons have at least the size of the pinki tip (if I remember correctly
our smallest finger is called pinki in english

as we cannot solve neither a) and only with new cad files maybe at some point b)
the best for an application would be to run always in fullscreen. Your new
keyboard is essentially the key to survive on the current screen as it doesn't
cover anything. Now with qtmoko apps there is always the topbar on and usually
the bottom bar to either close it or to get additional options. I don't know if
this is feasable but maybe clicking top left (or some sliding movement) would
show the top bar (usually i don't need to know about time and gsm reception
when I eg use the internet browser) and may something similar for the bottom
bar: eg. it would only appear if you swip from bottom left to bottom right.

best regards and thanks again for all your efforts. do you already have a
release date for the gta02 version with the new keyboard in mind?

best regards

robin