Missing icons in current QtMoko git build

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Nov 7 07:28:59 CET 2012

On Tuesday, November 06, 2012 08:10:04 PM Neil Jerram wrote:

> Can I help with fixing that bug?

It's regression in recent Qt. For sure it's not in Qt 4.7. There is problem
while parsing .desktop files and storing them in qtopia_db.sqlite database.
You can see a lot of data generated with qt 4.7 is missing if generated with
4.8. Parsing and populating the database is done in
src/tools/content_installer on PC. On the device you trigger it e.g. by
installing soliaire from qtmoko apps. Normally the icon should appear under
games, but now it does not. You can easily check if you fixed it from command
line:

	qcop QPE/DocAPI 'scanPath(QString,int)' /opt/qtmoko/apps/Games 1

For now i have two source and build trees - with 4.7 qt and with 4.8 and
putting some qDebug() to figure out where the problem exactly is.

If you would like to try too, you can go on. Last time it took me about 1
month to figure out the problem with resource filenames and QFileInfo. Maybe
two people will fix it faster. This is the only bug with 4.8.3 i know about so
it would be great if we could fix it and make release.

Regards

Radek