Installing FSO on qtmoko (was: Re: Help needed with GSM Geolocation without GPS)

Daniele Forsi dforsi at
Wed Nov 7 13:03:04 CET 2012

2012/11/6 Radek Polak:

> Yes, all the phone functions will use FSO dbus calls. The qtopiaphonemodem
> will not be used.

I tried to install FSO from within neocontrol and I didn't succeed
one problem is that the terminal window closes too fast and it's not
easy to see that there were errors so I had to check the sources[1]

the first error is that fso-gsmd-openmoko and fso-usaged-openmoko
can't be found in the repositories, this is my sources.list from

deb squeeze main
deb squeeze contrib
deb squeeze non-free
deb squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
deb /
deb /

the second error is that can't be installed because
the target directory is missing (I guess this is because the packages
weren't installed in the previous step) so the file remains in / and
if you later retry to install from within neocontrol then wget
downloads another copy with a .1 suffix but the script wil try to
install the previous copy (and both remain in / since installation
fails again) so I suggest you add the explict destination name with
the -O (--output-document) option of wget, also we can assume the /tmp
is available or let wget overwrite the destination file, avoiding to
use "mv"? eg:
wget -O
--output-document /usr/lib/cornucopia/libs/fsogsm/

Daniele Forsi