OpenMoko wiki needs to be set to read-only due to spam

Harry Prevor habstinat at
Sun Nov 11 00:57:39 CET 2012

On 10/31/12, Harald Welte <laforge at> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> I put it on my TODO list and will hopefully be able to do it still
> today.
> Thanks for pointing it out.
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 04:50:46PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>> Hi Harald, all,
>> To whoever is able to make the OpenMoko wiki read-only, please do so
>> since no-one is monitoring it for spam and removing that:

Sorry for bringing this somewhat old topic up, but why did this have
to be done? I can understand restricting editing to registered users
only or adding CAPTCHAs to prevent spam, but isn't making the (still
very important) wiki entirely read only very exccessive? I've found a
few pages with errors but I'm now unable to edit them, seemingly
forever. Please reconsider this.

Harry Prevor