GTA04 sound

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Nov 12 19:00:54 CET 2012

On Monday, November 12, 2012 05:29:53 PM Griera wrote:

> Hi:
>
> My OpenPhoenux GTA04 arrived! Thanks all for the work!!
>
> I installed QTMoko v48 (thanks a lot, Radek) downloaded from:
>
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/
>
> Sometimes I have a serious problem with sound (I never had this problem
> with GTA02):
>
>   - Incoming calls do not result in any audio tone but the call actually
> received.

Hi,
there is something wrong with ringtones playback - it keeps the sound card
open. You can workaround it by setting meeting profile (no ringtones, but the
phone will vibrate). You can do this by going to Settings->Ringtones and
profiles->select meeting->select Activate from context menu.

I am currenyly working on solution, but it will take a few days or maybe
weeks.

> On the home screen there are two icons: 1.sh and 2.sh. What are they?

I dont think they do anything useful now. They are executed in early boot
(initramfs). You can use those scripts e.g. for some custom booting - like
squashfs, tmpfs or nfs image.

> After installing v48 QTMoko the NAND home screen icon does not work.

You would have to flash QtMoko to NAND. But this is not working good and is
even discouraged. It's best to keep the stock hw validation distribution in
NAND. On GTA04 SD card works fast and reliably so there is not much reason to
do any flashing.

Regards

Radek