QtMoko backup/restore

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 12:07:32 CET 2012

On Sunday 18 November 2012 11:04:28 Neil Jerram wrote:
> 2. it wants to use symbolic links on the backup device, which FAT
> doesn't support.
>
> (1) feels fixable, but (2) feels tricky to work around.

Is it not FAT, so that it can be exported as "mass storage"? The rationale
being, that most host operating systems would have FAT drivers on board?

I think that for many of us, the systems we connect to via USB already have
drivers for other file systems than FAT.

Do you have an idea of the general area in the QtMoko sources, where there
might be a check on the FS type? I can try to have a look if I can get
anywhere with some pointers. Or is there a mass storage standard, that does
not allow for other FS than FAT?

Best regards,

Boudewijn