Kernel panic on Freerunner QtMoko boot

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Nov 23 17:15:42 CET 2012

On Friday, November 23, 2012 03:33:42 PM Harry Prevor wrote:

> Out of curiosity, why was the switch to ubifs made?

ubsifs is faster and can do mmap. On the other side jffs2 images are smaller.

> Can jffs2 images
> of QtMoko still be produced? I'm kind of hesitant to try the v26
> release because I'd like to have the latest version for my Freerunner.
> What exact changes would I have to make to my tarball, and how would I
> go about changing bootloader arguments?

You can find and revert the qi commit here:

	https://github.com/radekp/qi

You can easily create jffs2 image from the tarbal as documented here:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master/doc/txt/debian_rootfs_howto.txt

> I'm not sure if I have Qi installed correctly, which may also be the
> issue; I flashed it successfully to u-boot, but when I boot while
> holding AUX to get to DFU mode where I do my flashing I still see
> "U-Boot 1.3.2-moko12" at the top and "*** BOOT MENU (NOR) ***" as a
> header. Should I be seeing Qi instead?

No you cant see qi, it does not print anything, it just shortyly vibrates and
blinks with led.

qi is launched just with simple POWER button.

Regards

Radek