QTMoko website

Jiří Pinkava j-pi at seznam.cz
Wed Oct 3 13:38:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

GPSD is usefull for dealing with many kinds of differenet devices etc.
In case of one specific GPS device in GTAxx, full potential of GPSD
cannot be utilised. But GPSD still have few very usseful features, one
of them is data export trought socket/network. This way can be GPS data
easilly accessible by other applications (eg. experimental application
in python or tunneled trought network into PC).

I have in past did some dirty hack wich create socket and when someone
start reading it QWhereabouts starts GPS and act as proxy (and close GPS
again when noone reads anny more). This code is not usable now, but this
feature might be ussefull for hacking.

Pinky.