QtMoko v48 neofreerunner

dmatthews.org mail at dmatthews.org
Mon Sep 17 23:12:11 CEST 2012

I've not used qtmoko or the neo for some while, maybe this feedback is helpful.

Overall v48 seems pretty good, stable, reasonable battery life and most of the core stuff works pretty well (great work Radek!):-

*send and receive phone calls - call quality ok
*send and receive sms
*connect to home wifi (open with MAC filtering)
*connect to GPRS
*GPS quick fix :-)

I'd not used the new keyboard before - I found it pretty cranky at first, but actually it works pretty good once you get used to it.

I found a single area with (what appears to me to be) regressions - email
I have a copy of a known good qtopiamail.conf which I just put into place after a slapdash account creation. I can retrieve the folder list, but the "Fetch all mail" option only sporadically appears so the imap inbox is not really usable. I never managed to send mail, getting socket errors everytime.

--
David Matthews
mail at dmatthews.org