QtMoko v48 neofreerunner

dmatthews.org mail at dmatthews.org
Wed Sep 19 23:23:26 CEST 2012

Hi Neil, Radek

I spent some time on what I believe are the email issues.

First thing I did to ensure I'm not going mad is the flash back to v35. As I remembered, I can create an account without bothering with correct settings, put the qtopiamail.conf in place and everything works.

Next I flashed the 2nd v48 image - the situation has improved - the problem with the "Get all mail" entry disappearing has ... well disappeared - it does work fine. Despite what you thought - a difference in v48-1 with the upgraded qtmoko package installed on top as against the good v48-2? Can't be sure, but at least it's gone away for me.

Trying to send mail though, that problem is as I reported already; I'm using the same qtopiamail.conf I just used in v35 which specifies the fastmail SMTP server (which I can ping) - sending a test mail to myself at dmatthews.org gives this rather generic looking error:-

dmatthews.org -Error sending
Email:Error occurred
[Unknown error]

If this is the real problem that I think it to be, since I jumped from v37 to v48 without ever trying the in between offerings, I'm not much help at pinning down when it was introduced

Regards

--
David Matthews
mail at dmatthews.org