GTA02 Setting time from phone network using NITZ ?

Adam Ward caysho at internode.on.net
Sat Sep 22 11:16:28 CEST 2012

> Time and time zone are two different things.  In my (patchy and
> non-scientific) experience, mobile networks often do tell you the time
> zone, but not the time.

I know that Telstra in Australia sends both.  My current phone would get the
correct details after traveling between timezones when I was on that network.
I will find out in a few weeks if Optus does the same.

> Do you know that NeronGPS can sync both time and time zone for you? -
> obviously, subject to having a GPS fix.

I want to play with the GPS stuff at a later date, but it is a powerdraw as
well.  In the first instance I would like the datetime to come from the phone
network when the network supports it.