Take a look at these stupid people...

Paul Wise pabs3 at bonedaddy.net
Wed Apr 3 04:16:20 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM, Sebastian Reinhardt wrote:

> They said: "There is no fair smartphone on market, so we have to invent it"
>
> Nothing about GTA04 or OpenMoko! Stupid people! A new example for bad
> journalism...

It probably isn't a good idea to start calling potential allies
"stupid", especially on twitter and thus on their website.

If you read their website, they are less about software freedom and
more about not contributing to civil war, genocide, environmental
destruction etc by buying minerals from warlords mined using
slavery-like conditions with zero consideration for the environment.

http://www.fairphone.com/about/
http://www.fairphone.com/faq/#q1
http://www.fairphone.com/faq/#q6

To me, the OpenMoko community seemed to be by geeks, for geeks. That
the Fairphone folks haven't heard about OpenMoko/OpenPhoenux says more
about the publicity and outreach done by our community than about the
Fairphone people. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think OpenMoko
Inc scrutinized (or had the resources to) their supply chain for
conflict minerals, poor working conditions or environmental
destruction either. Not sure about Goldelico, it would be interesting
to hear about this.

There is a potential partnership here, I'd encourage Goldelico to make
some connections.

> "FairPhone" on arte (here I have seen it first):
>
> http://wp.arte.tv/yourope-de/?p=8490

Could someone do an English transcription of that?

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/