QtMoko dev : script insertion in path by external application

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Apr 15 14:44:42 CEST 2013

On Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:40:31 PM Adrien Dorsaz wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm still working on getcal application which is a GUI to save calendar
> server settings and call scripts from ics2qtcal application.
>
> The first version is almost finished (see https://github.com/Trim/getcal
> ), but I'm stuck with a point : this GUI uses QProcess to call scripts
> from ics2qtcal and I don't know how I can put the scripts in path.

Hi Adrien,
you can place them in /opt/qtmoko/bin which is included in PATH during qtmoko
startup.

> I think, I've to make a debian package to do this correctly, but up to
> now I didn't need to make debian package to run it on my phone (I
> updated my QtMoko directly using my own builds).
>
> Is there's some documentation/recommendation to make debian packages for
> QtMoko ?
>
> I've seen in documentation we could make qpk packages, but I suspect
> that this won't work anymore with recent QtMoko (because we install
> now .deb packages) and I wanted to add dependencies (e.g., on perl) to
> be useful, so I can't use them.

It should be quite simple. Just modify debian subdir of some existing packaged
app, e.g. https://github.com/radekp/qgcide/tree/master/debian

For compiling such .deb you'll need native build working (either qemu or on
GTA04 itself) or i can make the .deb and upload it to qtmoko apps.

Regards

Radek