[QTmoko] Qx problems

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Apr 19 08:09:31 CEST 2013

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 07:15:35 PM Rainer Glaschick wrote:

> Tried to use Qx, installed xglamo, and got only trouble:
>
> Lauching xterm gives "press AUX to leave" in the middle,
> takes some time, then a terminal in the middle.
> But no keyboard to enter anything.
> The done button still visible, but does not work.
> Only way to get rid of it is using AUX twice and stop instead of resume.
>
> Anybody out who has a useful application for Qx?
>
> xclock works, but overlaps with the top status line.
>

> Trying a python script (xgps) just shows the boot console output
> for a while, then a message tells that Qx terminated due to application
> error. Starting Qx from the command line then give the reason for fail.
>
> Seems to me that Qx is nothing for normal use,
> only for debug, and thus should be removed from
> the normal applist and go either to the system debug menu,
> or should be, even better, started from the command line only
> to see the error messages that are likely to occur.

Hi,
you have to try more hard ;-) First explore the "Favourites" menu item. That
way you can add installed X applications and configure them. There are many
options that you can configure - e.g. for xterm it's important to enable
window manager and virtual keyboard. I recommend also checking "use matchbox".

Regards

Radek