GSM Firmware+Wiki

Jose Luis Perez Diez jluis at escomposlinux.org
Fri Apr 26 09:56:02 CEST 2013

El Thursday 25 April 2013 03:38:18 Paul Wise va escriure:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 1:46 AM, joerg Reisenweber wrote:
>
> > anyway thanks for reporting, glad it worked for you, enjoy MOKO11! I dunno
> > about wiki admins, isn't it a wiki and thus should be editable by registered
> > users at least?
> > If you have problems with the wiki, contact LaF0rge aka Harald Welte please,
> > he's running the whole infra now.
>
> Perhaps you forgot, but the wiki got a flood of spam, Harald disabled
> editing except for admins. He hasn't had time to implement editing for
> an editors group nor to add some anti-spam tech. I've offered to help
> with sysadmin but he hasn't had time to give me access to the servers.
> I've contacted him multiple times on IRC and email last year and this
> year but I never get a response. The only solution I can think of now
> is to make everyone who registered before the spam flood a wiki admin.

I think it is not a good solution unless if it is done on user per user basis,
 I suspect that even some of the pre 2010 accounts are from dormant spamers.

I am not an admin , but I was manually doing spam marking for pages to be deleted,
and planing if I could automatize some of it, during the last flood untill I tock
some vacaces in an unconnected place, one week beffore the final hit.