[QtMoko] Battery

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Aug 22 19:53:16 CEST 2013

On Thu 22 August 2013 19:46:05 Ben Wong wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 1:57 PM, NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:
> > On the GTA04 I just read
> >
> >    /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_full
> >
> > and
> >
> >    /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_full_design
> >
> > and divide one by the other.
> > Does the GTA02 not have something similar?
>
> Did anyone ever figure this one out? On my GTA02 (Linux 2.6.34), I see
> /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_full, but no
> charge_full_design.
>
> --B

charge_full_design is usually bogus anyway. bq27000 on gta02 battery has a
bogus value for that. On other phones/batteries the 3rd pin is used as BSI
(battery size indicator) with a resistor or thermistor to ground. The
resistance values also are not defined by any standard and no battery second
source manuf adheres to them. So your best bet is to assume whatever you feel
is reasonable for battery_full_design,  since by no means you can read out
reliable reasonable values from hardware

/j
(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)