Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Fri Aug 23 11:38:12 CEST 2013

On Fri 23 August 2013 10:35:38 Bob Ham wrote:
> On 2013-08-23 07:26, openmoko at pulster.de wrote:
> > the GTA04 is a ready-to-use OpenSource smartphone.
>
> The GTA04 *is* out of production and no longer for sale.

Says who?

> It *could* be
> the motherboard in a ready-to-use smartphone but it *isn't*.

UHUH!

> > There are no other
> > reasons why it isnt available, just damn investment $$ are missing.
>
> If money is the only problem then why is nobody running a fundraising
> campaign?  I don't think money is the only problem.

I think it's up to you to answer your own question, instead of implicitly
accusing highly honored guys like Nikolaus and Christoph of not telling the
truth. To be utterly clear: hardware talks louder than (your) words, I had a
complete GTA04 in my mail, and everybody (even you) can start a fundraiser.

/j
(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)