Reasons why people could be interested in this community

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Sat Aug 24 12:54:18 CEST 2013

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 09:56:46 +0200
"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Am 24.08.2013 um 01:51 schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>

> > On the Road --- hns

> >> I can't see anything that people will cause people to make that
> >> decision.  This is why I'm wondering what cause *you* see.  You
> >> said you're waiting.  What do you believe is going to happen?
> >> What are you waiting *for*?  What is going to occur that will
> >> cause people to decide to spend money on the GTA04?
> >
> >> I can't see any reason.  A train stopped at a disconnected signal
> >> light waiting for it to go green, doesn't make any sense to me.
> >
> > Why are you still a member of this community and participating in
> > this discussion?
>
> This is a honest question. What is your answer?
>
> The reason why I ask is that if you can tell yourself why you are so
> enthusiastically discussing these topics, you must have some reason.

I don't value it a fair question. Making dissent and digging into
the weak points of our project will bring us forward. The problem is
not questioning where we are stuck, the problem is not solving the
issues. If nothing changes and no one is asking anymore the project is
dead.

> And other people may find your reasons interesting and could
> potentially agree to them. This would help to grow the community.

I found Bob's contributions valuable, please keep it up. The comments
were less disturbing than hns' negative views on our potential which I
see as a main blocker as well. I can't judge if they are right, but it
makes a fundamental difference if one tells about the obstacles and at
the same time shares thoughts how to get around them contrary to people
who "It is like this." with the implication we can't change anything
about it. The latter is looking a bit desperate and will not bring us
forward.

> So I think you can develop some helpful answer to your question by
> answering my question.

I also can't answer all your questions (of other mails), especially not
while I am focusing on the website design. I am on it, but hesitate to
produce more soap (like this mail).

Kardan

--
Kardan <kardan at riseup.net>