Going outside - GTA04 website

Adolf Winterer adolf.j.winterer at inn-salzach.de
Sun Aug 25 14:40:54 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

yes, we need to broaden the base. The more people know of this project,
the more likely it will be that units get ordered.

(Still) being an extreme niche product it is important to use contacts
that can be expected to be aware of the need for freedom of hard- and
software.

Therefore I suggest that once the web site is up and running contact is
made with organizations like FSFE [1],  EFF [2], FoeBuD [3] or CCC [4].
Especially FSFE with their "free your android" campaign [5] are aware of
the openness issues. The idea is to ask for links from their pages back
to our site.

Links:
1 http://fsfe.org/
2 https://www.eff.org/
3 https://www.foebud.org/
4 http://www.ccc.de/
5 https://fsfe.org/campaigns/android/

Additionally the phone needs to be available as a complete unit, at the
very least, optionally. It does not help to have a naked board if you
want to use the phone for everyday use. Think of the Raspberry Pi: You
can order the naked board, but also have it with a case.

In my opinion it is still a bit early to try getting it to the
mainstream media. It would create false hopes or expectations and cause
negative reports.

Kind Regards,
Adolf

P.S.: I have been following the project from the very beginning with
OpenMoko (FIC) through all highs and lows until now. I'd like to have a
unit, but it definitely needs to be a complete unit suitable for
everyday use. Throughout all the time I have never seen that this stage
has been reached (PCB, GPS, discharging batteries, power management
issues ...). Therefore I'm still waiting patiently.

Am Samstag, 24. August 2013, 18:11:59 schrieb Lukas Märdian:
> Am 24.08.2013 17:36, schrieb Sebastian Krzyszkowiak:
> > I've also created quick draft by myself:
> > http://dosowisko.net/gta04/

This is really neat! Thank you for your effort.