GTA04-N900 vel. Neo900

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Aug 27 15:26:36 CEST 2013

Am 26.08.2013 um 16:24 schrieb Tomas Nackaerts:

> Hi all!
>
> I actually think this is a great idea! I always liked the N900 formfactor. But
> is it technically possible? I remember somebody mention that the option modem
> is quite big?

Yes, but it is the flattest one we could get. And from the photos of the N900 board I have
seen they even need more space for the separate modem chips.

> And if there will be a redesign the fit the gta04 to the n900
> will it possible to update the specs a bit? faster cpu and stuff like that?

Faster CPU: yes - the idea is to use the 1GHz DM3730 which is 25-30% faster
(at least at peak performance - if clock is reduced to 200MHz it is also slow).

> But to be honest, i will probably not buy this device if it has the same
> problems the current gta04 has. (power usage and modem enumeration)

Well, we can't say if it will have the same problems - and even if the problems
if the GTA04 are really problems or just lack of a solution.

And, I must warn a little - a Neo900 design may have other problems
we will only see if it has been built and tested by hundredts of users.

Nikolaus