Use of a FreeRunner

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Sat Dec 21 12:34:49 CET 2013

On 12/21/2013 11:58 AM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> People,
>
> I have not used my FreeRunner for ages and probably should donate it
> someone who can make use of it but a thought occurred to me: It would
> be good to have something that could act like a SMS server eg I have a
> demand where if an (urgent) email comes into a particular account,
> that the contents of the email are able to be resent as an SMS out
> through a mobile device gateway to a number of phones - could OpenMoko
> be rejigged to do this somehow?
>
> Regards,
>
> Phil.

Hi Phil,

I did the same thing, but It is of limited use, a lot of mail is in HTML
format and hard to convert to SMS.
Also, you need to strip the headers etc.
So you might want to write a script first and run it on real-life mails,
before you put effort in reconfiguring the freerunner.

Just my 0.02BTC

Kind regards,
Ed