Use of a FreeRunner

Ben Wong lists.openmoko.org at wongs.net
Sun Dec 22 23:26:02 CET 2013

I'm sure it could; your FreeRunner is a complete computer.

The question is if you have the time (or money to hire someone) to
write the glue script that will put all the pieces together. Let's
see, the parts you'll need are:

1. Check your mail account (fetchmail or python's imaplib)
2. Do a regex check to see if it's "important" (egrep/python/perl/awk/...)
3. Convert it to SMS format
    3a. MIME extract (munpack or python's email package)
    3b. Optionally remove HTML markup (lynx -dump or Beautiful Soup's
get_text() function)
4. Send it as an SMS messages (dbus to FSO works but may not be "best
practices")

—B