[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 1 11:20:06 CET 2013

On Friday, February 01, 2013 11:08:08 AM Radek Polak wrote:

> As for future, i will try to compile rest of the apps for armhf - FBReader
> is now missing, but e.g. navit works now. I hope the base system is now
> ready so next releases can be done with "apt-get upgrade".
>
> So enjoy the release!

Ahh btw, i am working also on Freerunner release. It's not that easy. I have
decide about pulseaudio/gstreamer. We can either use them or keep our old
cruxus media engine.

gstreamer/pulseaudio have these advantages/disadvantages:

+ it will be the same setup on GTA02 and GTA04
+ media player in qtmoko will be able to play more formats and better
+ video/sound in html5
- it adds ton of dependecies so the image might not fit in NAND

I am now trying pulse/gstreamer on GTA02. There are some problems, but if they
are solved well i can try base the release on it. If not, it will work with
old cruxus media engine.

Regards

Radek