[QtMoko] MokoFaen theme update

francesco.devita at mailoo.org francesco.devita at mailoo.org
Tue Feb 12 17:51:56 CET 2013

Hi!
Here it is a new version of MokoFaen theme, you can download and test it
here: [1].
There are no major changes: some icons have been redone, a
first-boot-screen [2] and a wallpaper [3] have been added and the
callscreen has been revised [4],[5].
In the main menu I changed the order of the icons [6] in this way:
- row 1, phone and messages functionalities;
- row 2, clock and calendar;
- row 3, applications and documents;
- row 4, tools and settings;
To apply this, you have to change the file
/opt/qtmoko/etc/defaultbuttons.conf [7]

In doing this update I noticed some aspects that could be improved, but
they require a work on the code:
- in the dialer screen, there are 2/3 of the context bar completely
unused, in this space we could put the "recent call" and "sms" buttons;
- larger icons and text in the main menu, see this discussion [8];
- I made an icon for the "input method plugin" in the context bar but I
was unable to apply it (see previous messages);
- inbox message screen, the fields "from:" and "date:" should be on top
of the message not at the bottom;
- in the home screen, a click on the clock could open up the calendar
application;

Feedbacks are always appreciated.

Best Regards
Joif